The Platteville High School baseball teams compete at varsity reserve and varsity levels. Participation is in a spring baseball league involving six other area schools. Varsity competes in the WIAA spring baseball tournament at the end of their season.
Practice begins during the middle of March. Practices are held after school and on some Saturdays for all levels.
Expectations of the participants for baseball include, but may change due to circumstances:
- Punctuality and attendance at all practices and contests, unless previously excused by the coach. Absence because of vacation or camp will result in missing the next contest for which you are present.
- Represent Platteville High School, self, team and family in a positive manner.
- Always exemplify good sportsmanship—no exceptions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to cooperation, team play, and enjoyment of the game.
- Season begins in mid-March and ends around the first week of June.
- Members must ride the team bus to and from contests. If parents need to make special arrangements because of unusual circumstances, the coach must be informed by the parents in writing. The coach will then decide whether to honor the request when he/she sees the parent(s).
- Jerseys, pants, bats, and baseballs are provided by the school. Each member must purchase his own hat and socks. Shoes, gloves, and protective cups are the responsibility of the athlete.
- Coaches need to be notified by the student and/or parent about any special medical concerns before the season begins.
- Awards will be presented at the end of the season.