The Platteville High School boys basketball program competes at the freshman/sophomore, varsity reserve, and varsity levels. Competitions may be dual or of a tournament format. The varsity team will compete in the WIAA tournament series at the end of the regular season.
Practices are held after school or during the evening for all levels. There will be some morning and Saturday practices scheduled. Expectations for participants in this program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Punctuality and attendance at all practices and contests, unless previously excused by the coach.
- Represent self, team, school, and family in a very positive manner.
- Exemplify good sportsmanship.
- Demonstrate responsible team play and cooperation.
- Show Platteville School Pride at all times.
- The season begins in November and ends during the middle of March.
- Team members must ride the bus or school vans to and from the contests. If parents want to make special arrangements because of unusual circumstances, they must inform the coach in writing. The coach will then decide whether or not to honor this request upon seeing the parent.
- Team members are expected to dress as a team the day of a contest.
- Practice gear and travel bags may be purchased by the student/athletes. Shoes and socks are the responsibility of the student/athlete. Student/athletes on some occasions may purchase additional equipment.
- Coaches should be notified by the student and/or parent about any special medication or circumstances which may affect the student/athlete.
- Awards will be presented at the end of the season.
- Have fun!