The Platteville High School football program competes at freshman/sophomore, varsity reserve, and varsity levels. The varsity team competes in the WIAA tournament series at the end of the season.
Practices are held after school for all teams. Occasionally, morning or Saturday practices may be scheduled.
Expectations for participants in this program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Punctuality and attendance at all practices and contests, unless previously excused by the coach.
- Represent self, team, school, and family in a very positive manner.
- Exemplify good sportsmanship.
- Demonstrate responsible team play and cooperation.
- Serve as an ambassador for Platteville High School.
- The season begins early August and ends the second week of November.
- Team members must ride the bus or school vans to and from the contests. If parents want to make special arrangements because of unusual circumstances, they must inform the coach in writing. The coach will then decide whether or not to honor this request upon seeing the parent.
- Coaches should be notified by the student and/or parent about any special medical concerns before the season begins.
- Awards will be presented at the end of the season to those who have completed the season.