The Platteville High School girls basketball program competes at the freshman/sophomore, varsity reserve, and varsity levels. The varsity team competes in the WIAA tournament series at the end of the season.
Practices are held after school for all levels. The varsity and varsity reserve practice at the high school. The freshmen practice at Neal Wilkins. The girls will rotate times with the boys teams. Occasionally, morning or Saturday practices may be scheduled.
- Expectations for participants in this program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Punctuality and attendance at all practices and contests, unless previously excused by the coach.
- Represent self, team, school, and family in a very positive manner, both during practice times and in contests.
- Exemplify good sportsmanship.
- Demonstrate responsible team play and cooperation.
- Serve as an ambassador for Platteville High School.
- The season begins in early November and ends in March.
- Team members must ride the bus or school van to and from the contests. If parents want to make special arrangements because of unusual circumstances, they must inform the coach in writing. The coach will then decide whether or not to honor this request upon seeing the parent.
- Team members are expected to “dress up” the day of contests.
- Uniforms are supplied by the high school. Shoes and socks will be the responsibility of the student/athlete.
- Coaches should be notified by the student and/or parent about any special medical concerns before the season.
- Awards will be presented at the end of the season.