The girls and boys track programs compete in dual, triangular, and invitational competitions. Competitions at the end of the season include the SWC Conference and WIAA series tournaments.
Practices are held beginning the first week in March and conclude with the conference meet competition in mid-May or state meet competition the first week of June for those who qualify to this level. Practices are held immediately after school and run to approximately 5:30. There are also practices that may be scheduled on non-school days.
Expectations for participants in this program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Punctuality and attendance at all practices and contests, unless a written excuse by the parent is presented to the coach prior to the absence.
- Represent self, team, school, and family by exemplifying good sportsmanship and role modeling.
- Respect fellow team members, coaches, officials, and opponents. Respect all school facilities and equipment.
- Give your best effort in each practice and competition.
- Education and classes come first. Problems in any classes should be brought to the attention of the coach and resolved before continuing practice.
- Coaches should be notified by the student and/or parent about any special medical concerns before the season begins.
- Awards will be presented at the end of the season. Freshmen receive a patch, sophomores receive numerals, and all participants have the opportunity to obtain a letter/certificate. Special awards include: most improved, most inspirational, the spirit baton, most valuable freshmen, team captain, and most valuable.
WE ARE A CLASS ACT; WE WILL PERFORM AS A CLASS ACT!!