The musical is open to all students at Platteville High School. Students may participate in a variety of ways: as a cast member, pit orchestra member, crew member, or publicity team member. Cast auditions are held in late September. Pit auditions are held in early October. Audition materials are available from the directors. Crews will be assigned after auditions. Past shows include Cinderella, The Pajama Game, Damn Yankees, Annie, and Oklahoma!
Rehearsals are held after school or during the evening. There will be some morning and Saturday practices scheduled. The show is staged in early December in the Platteville High School auditorium.
Expectations for participants in the musical include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be punctual and attend all rehearsals, fittings, etc., unless previously excused by the director.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both as a team and independently.
- Learn your part quickly and thoroughly.
- Take care of your voice and body.
- Treat props, costumes, scripts, and set pieces with the utmost care.
- Try to help other cast and crew members whenever possible.
- Try to build group spirit and maintain high morale.