The Platteville High School volleyball program competes at freshman/sophomore, varsity reserve, and varsity levels. Competitions can be dual or multi-school invitational. The varsity team competes in the WIAA tournament series at the end of the season.
Practices are held after school for all levels. Occasionally, morning or Saturday practices may be scheduled.
Expectations for participants in this program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Punctuality and attendance at all practices and contests, unless previously excused by the coach.
- Represent self, team, school, and family in a very positive manner.
- Exemplify good sportsmanship.
- Demonstrate responsible team play and cooperation.
- Serve as an ambassador for Platteville High School.
- The season begins mid-August and ends the first week of November.
- Team members must ride the bus or school vans to and from the contests. If parents want to make special arrangements because of unusual circumstances, they must inform the coach in writing. The coach will then decide whether or not to honor this request upon seeing the parent.
- Team members are expected to “dress up” the days of contests.
- Jerseys are provided by the school district. Shorts are purchased by the athletes. Socks and shoes are the responsibility of the athlete.
- Coaches should be notified by the student and/or parent about any special medical concerns before the season begins.
- Awards will be presented at the end of the season.